Sunday, March 1, 2009

random act

I don’t know what came into my mind this morning. There was this student who tried to talk to me last week. He said I looked familiar and asked if we went to the same school. He might have thought we were of the same age level or something. This morning, we met again at the hall where our session was held. This time, he asked about the humidity in the hall and if I’m comfortable in the far corner where I’m seated. I often saw him doing something and oftentimes blankly staring at something. Before our session ended, I made a note in the hope that it would encourage him. But he was busy tinkering with his things and doing about his duties when our session ended. So I let the moment pass thinking that He might not let me pass on this simple note. So I went out of the hall. I was already out of the building when I felt the need to ask one of the student organizer if the office would be available at this particular time. So I went back into the hall, inquired on the office schedule then turned towards the door. It happened that he was almost at the door looking at us, so I unhesitatingly approached him as he was by that time smiling at me and handed him the note.

Thank you for your unconditional service. You’ve reached out to people, to us, with what you do here. Continue to be a hardworking person, acting on your responsibilities and extending a hand even without being asked. It will surely carry you through life, with God’s grace. God bless you, your family and your studies. He will never leave you. He will always be with you, even if it feels and seems so otherwise. *smiley* (I didn’t wrote my name)

This was not the first time I’ve passed on a note. The other was to a 7-months pregnant crew at McDonald’s DiviSoria. She was standing the whole time, though it shows in her face that she’s really tired yet she still wore a friendly smile and a ready hand to give assistance to their customers on one busy night. McDonald’s DiviSoria was so full at that time that customers lined up for reservations outside.

I hope the notes I gave served its purpose.

No comments: