Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my teary Tuesday

Spitted on me. Pushed me to the wall. Pushed my chair and laughed when I fell on the floor. Threw the blocks I let her work on, sometimes on my face. Punched my face and my left arm, it even lose its strength. Attempted to push her finger into my mouth and nose. Bit my stomach and legs. With that, I isolated my student with mental retardation into the corner with her chair, only. And those were not enough. She stood up, picked her plastic chair and threw it to me and her classmate diagnosed with Down syndrome. Then she came to us, lifted the plastic table and threw it in the direction of her classmate. It hit her in the foot. I don’t know what else to do so I isolated her again in the corner. Without even looking at her direction, no attention at all, not even a glance or any concern from her classmate, no word, none whatsoever. It may be harsh but I had to isolate her to make her feel and know that she is misbehaving, in the hope that she’ll feel it. Facing the wall, she started murmuring about something. I think she was imitating an authority figure in her life and pretending it talking to her. Some words got my attention. It were not something I wanted to be said to her, a child suffering from seizures and mental retardation. After much words, I stood up and walked to her. Moved her chair to face me, she still continued on with her murmurs while pointing fingers on my face, pushing her finger actually. When she stood up, I just hugged her. She still continued on murmuring. She’s the same student I had who always gave me a warm hug whenever she arrives at school. My heart really sank for her. I wish her parents would know how she is really. How she is when her seizure occurs and how she is cognitively. Her parents are so dependent on her yaya which became more like a mother to her since her yaya knows her more than her parents does and had witnessed her seizure lapses nd all. I hope she could stillimprove despite having her body drowned in medicines. Her hyperactivity and wildness nowadays were due to the medicines she’s taking to control her seizures, and most of those were on trial basis. Poor student, she’s like an experiment. Please include her in your prayers.

No comments: