Thursday, July 17, 2008

fried ice cream, at last!!

The first time I’ve heard of fried ice cream, I immediately became curious and interested. Curious as to its packaging, appearance, taste and how its made. Whenever I stepped unto Dumaguete City, I always yearn to try out its famous and only-in-Dumaguete fried ice cream. I had been to Dumaguete City a couple of times before but due to time constraint, I hadn’t had the chance to try their delicacy.

Last May, I had the chance to visit Dumaguete City for 2 short days with friends, actually, it was only 40 hours. Nonetheless, a chance to taste their fried ice cream as a treat from a buddy and good friend of Dumaguete City. At last!! He bought me to Panda Fried Ice Cream, its famous maker of fried ice cream and a local store. We ordered chocolate, ube and vanilla flavors among the others offered at a lesser price than ordering it by piece and soya milk for our drink. Healthy living huh. :) When our orders were brought to our table, I can’t help but be curious and meticulous. It was my first time, so forgive me for my actions. Well, the Panda store made their own ice cream which they put in the filling and wrapped it with cooked dough, not baked. I wonder how they closed the dough with the ice cream inside? Surely, with the heat required to cook the dough the ice cream inside would melt, but it didn’t. It was served frozen in our table. Hhmmm… Whatever they did, it was just great. Finally had a taste of their famous fried ice cream. :D


Panda Ice Cream, ice cream just for you…

No comments: