Wednesday, July 2, 2008

26 and counting..

A teacher asked her pupils to give an example of things which are countless.. One answered water.. Another answered sand.. The other answered air.. Everyone answered until the teacher called her last pupil to answer, he said, BLESSINGS..

Today marked my 26th year here on Big Daddy’s land. As such, let me count 26 among the countless blessings He has bestowed on me. Here it is in random order:

  1. my God, my faith, my fortress, my comforter, my friend, my brother..
  2. a blessed life
  3. loving and supportive family
  4. caring and loyal friends
  5. experiences (the ups and downs of life that strengthens me and made me into who I am today)
  6. my voice (though it got damaged, still I’d like to thank Him for using it to praise Him)
  7. songs and music (can’t last a day without it)
  8. intellect, talent and skills (had been my venue in helping others countless times already)
  9. my eyes (my window to the world)
  10. my hands (used to helped people and share what I have to others)
  11. my feet (which brought me to different places)
  12. bestfriend mai-mai
  13. the cugman boys and our music (glad I met you guys, glad to be part of the group)
  14. mentors
  15. groupmates
  16. my pet dogs (my destressors)
  17. my degrees
  18. the special children who made me feel blessed
  19. the families who treated and cared for me as part of their own
  20. my swimming hobby
  21. my new acoustic guitar (my bday gift to myself)
  22. the unending physical nourishment (the FOODS!!!!!)
  23. the laughters
  24. the tears
  25. the company of friends; old, new, near, far and cherished ones
  26. the smiles =)

There it is.. Happy Birthday to me!!

Only spent the day at home, in this computer, with my guitar and the chicken curry salad I had prepared (my younger bro asked for something he hadn’t tried yet). Had no plans of going out today or tonight. I already had an advance celebration of sort with my friends last Saturday and Sunday, since they’d be busy today. Nonetheless, their text messages of birthday greetings made me smile. =)

No comments: