Monday, August 3, 2009

mountaintop experience

Do you know what mountaintop experiences are? These are the moments when you experience a breather after a very stressing day or event or a relax from the pressures of daily life. I’m not sure if I did justice to Kevinski’s word about mountaintop experiences, but its more quiet like it.

Like last Saturday night, I know it was supposedly a rest day or night and a respite from all the hustle and bustle of workdays. And to think that it was already late in the evening so basically for workers like me who have a regular day job. Saturday night is suppose to be a rest night. But not tonight. After our practise and jamming at Cugman, we visited a friend at their residence for a little talk. He was on his guitar that time with his cousin on the beatbox. Without wasting much time, I and a fellow youth joined in on the soundtrip while his cousin asked permission to go on his way as he was only passing by as well. And so that started our 2-hours soundtrip and short talks in between. It was truly spontaneous. It just happened that we 3 wanted to have a respite and craves for the sound of our own music rather than getting it from a radio or from our music players. We had fun laughing at our own made lyrics, actions, the way we cut a song and instantly changed into another, changed its pitch, etc. All for 2-straight hours and none of us wanted to end it. Sad to say, it was truly late, t’was almost 11PM and to think that I still had to take 2 rides going home. It was a fun night though, no regrets.

Truly a mountaintop experience for me. Event though my body is craving for rest already and I so wanted to go home for some tasks to be done, yet I chose to stay with them and make music. My way of relaxation. Music. And their company most of all. It has become my life. It was also the first time that we 3 had jammed and bonded. Truly great. Hope it’ll happen again.

No comments: