Saturday, August 22, 2009

sunburned in August

Friday was a non-working holiday, no class, no work. So my brother and I decided to go to an adventure. We went river trekking and an out-of-the-plan water tubing. The trek was not so challenging and tedious, as it has become a popular destination for people who wants to light candles on wooden crosses along the way. Yet the time spent with my younger brother was worth it. We hadn’t been in activities we both enjoy lately. Its either me going with the young people if I’m not at work and him in his computer programs and whatsoever if he’s not at school. So as expected, when we go for an adventure, its either we’ll make up our own route or go beyond the usual route. But this time, we followed the trail and went tubing instead, it was not part of the plan. The heat was scorching at minutes before noon. Enjoying the waters and trying hard not to get wet but to no avail, and it was what made tubing fun. It was a nice break from work for me and school after midterms for him as well. Because our pants and shirt were wet, we decided to walk to a friend’s house which was located on the way, not very far from the starting point of the trekking site. Not part of the plan also. I also find it amazing that we only had a bottle of Gatorade and a pack of biscuit each yet we still had energy left after that trek. Others who went had packed food and big bottles of water. Does that mean we’re still very much capable for an adventure? Hehe.. I sure do hope there’ll still be more adventures to come.

No comments: