Monday, August 24, 2009

time out

I do not consider it wasting time when I am with the young people or even just 2 of them.

After buying a refreshing cold drink at DiviSoria, we decided to sit at the park while consuming our Orbitz. We didn’t plan to stay much longer as it is Sunday night and tomorrow is a school and workday. Yet we did. Just talking about anything, teasing Mari and sharing and exchanging views with Kevin. Small talks yet memorable and helps me know them more.

Last Friday night, at 10:30PM, 7 of us went to a city carnival to ride the roller coaster courtesy of Makoy. It was fun, the ride was thrilling and we got hilarious reactions. We just rode the roller coaster then went home at minutes past 12 midnight. Quite late for young people like them to be on the street and we had to walk from the carnival place to the highway were Makoy could ride a jeepney to his home.

I could have stayed at home that night. I was still exhausted from our river trekking. I could have rested since I could only have 2 nights in a week to rest my mind from work. I could have went home immediately early tonight. But I didn’t. And I chose to spend it with them.

Indeed, the best and the most beautiful things in this world, cannot be seen or even touched. They are felt with the heart. It doesn’t make me rich in wealth. It did made me rich in relationship and contentment.

No comments: