Sunday, February 22, 2009

what's the relief for stress?

Heavy eyes.

Tired brain.

I was planning to make a computerized lay-out of our assignment, maybe use the Paint or use the Microsoft Word or something. But what the heck! I’m so tired and it would only be a waste of my time anyway since our professor is not really particular with the neatness or on what program we used with our presentation. So went with my initial plan, scan the document, crop it, made some editing through the Paint program then make it into a Powerpoint presentation. Simple as that. Then why am I complicating it? Duh.. We’ll just have to make good with our defense tomorrow, rather, later. By the way, it’ll be our 3rd of the 4-days straight class. I’m so glad Monday is a non-school day. At least I’m not marked absent and I don’t have to inform my students that I won’t be able to handle them and ask my co-teacher to substitute for me. Hahayzz.. But I’ll miss out on the relaxation that I could have enjoyed if not for this class on Monday. Anyway, I’ve enrolled myself into this in the first place. No one else to blame, but mhe.

Thinking of it makes me tired all the more. Last night, I played with my dogs to relieve stress. Tonight, I picked up my acoustic guitar (I’m an amateur guitar player by the way..) and strum a few songs while listening to some of it in my Windows Media Player. Enjoyed listening to the fast shuffle and distinctive after beat of keyboards, drums, lead guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and trumpet in the catchy melody of Put3ska’s Manila Girl. The ska. Music.

Can’t imagine life without music. I’m not saying this because I’m stressed. Music do soothe a weary heart and a tired mind. I’m also glad I’m born into a musically inclined family. Truth be told, I haven’t mastered playing even a single musical instrument, frustrated music student eh. But what does it matter? As long as there is good music, that’s fine. But I would really want to make good music other than learning the basics of playing an instrument. Maybe someday, when the instruments would want me to be a skilled one.

I should have gone to bed now. Still have a tiring, draining whole day class later.

=)

No comments: