Sunday, May 24, 2009

a day of thanksgiving

Finally done with our seminar. T’was a day of wits and confidence. As you may know, I shy away from the stage, much more, speak in front of a crowd. But I’m glad, really glad it was over despite the headache and muscle pains in my feet from standing too long, moving around and facing the crowd with a happy and unbothered smile. Hahayz.. The quirks of being in front, emceeing while coordinating the staff and people involved. Anyway, what’s done is done, as Aslan had said.

Glad our boss treated us for Halo-halo at Chowking, Limketkai Center as a celebration of the just concluded seminar. It somehow appeased the headache. It wasn’t even obvious as the whole staff were joking around, not minding the weary body and tired minds. It was still a long table of loud-talking halo-halo eaters.

And, unexpectedly, I saw one of my students, my favorite one. We didn’t have summer class so expect that I did really miss him and his sweetness. He was with his caring older brother and beautiful mother when he saw and called my attention. In a surprise, I almost ran towards their table. I’m glad I was at Limketkai Center, at least I still had the decency to behave. Hehe.. I was really glad I saw him. I don’t know if he’ll enroll again in the coming school year, I do hope he will. He is such a sweet lad. The type that he would try to choke me or try to wrestle me, but those were his type of sweetness, games to him. Get this, he is much bigger than me, bigger than my older brother, and much muscular than my younger brother. After a week of absence from our class, he would search for me in every classroom, ran towards me then give me a big hug with his big weight and a smack in my back or he would pull me relentlessly to get my attention. He is that sweet. No wonder he is one of my favorites. And he is teachable and patient as well, just as long as he is not irritated. But then again, I already know how to appease him whenever he feels irritated in class which seldom happens and only when he is sleepy and tired.

God, thank you for the smile after a tiring day.

No comments: