Saturday, October 10, 2009

playful work

A site I once read had this advise, “turn your work into a game and you will find joy and satisfaction in it.” That was what I did with my preschool class yesterday. We had a short game of patterns and instead of supervising them from my usual place at the front, I joined their circle and played with them. Though they were quite uncontrollable yet they enjoyed it immensely, which prompted my teacher assistant to join us. After our snack, I had them identify the pictures of animals and match them with their young. I intentionally made extras just in case a kid picks his choice of animal. Fortunately, they didn’t mind what animal they were coloring so in effect I am left with 2 extra animal pictures. Seeing that they were busy with their works, I grabbed a crayon and started coloring on the extra sheet. My assistant joined in too. It felt good, was not stressful and I felt light afterward. Turning it into a play was good and definitely a learning experience as well.

Which also reminded me to take each day as it comes. I may have a lot to attend to these days yet it doesn’t mean that everything has to be done all at the same time. I may procrastinate at times. Loss sleep and suffer headaches afterward. Yet things had to be done and all at the appropriate time. Trust that it is still okay and that I can still breathe even if these tasks overwhelms me. Breathe.. Breathe.. Smile..

No comments: