Tuesday, October 13, 2009

in the jeepney

I am a commuter and therefore commutes wherever I go within and outside of the city.

This afternoon, on my way to my tutee’s residence, the jeepney I rode in was caught in rush hour traffic. Glancing around, I saw elementary kids with their big pink bags and trolleys lazily coying with their guardians, a vendor busily checking her products, a skilled-worker gazing at nothing, a student who slumped in his seat, the career woman beside me busy with her cellphone, the barker busily asking passengers where they’ll stop, and others patiently waiting for the jeepney to start rolling again.

Passengers of public utility jeepney sometimes fascinates me. They were just there for the ride, oblivious to their fellow passenger’s actions or anything that they do.

No comments: