Tuesday, April 14, 2009

from land to air to sea and the bottle

Just arrived yesterday from my week-long training/retreat and planning. Still exhausted but its a workday already. Arrgghhh.. Can I have a vacation extension, please?

My younger bro and I left Cagayan de Oro before 5AM Sunday, April 5, for Davao City. Since much work had to be done, we proceeded directly to our objective. The sight seeing and lakwatsa was part of the plan. Hehe.. We stormed our camp’s venues, Mergrande Ocean Resort and Outland Adventure. But would not miss the Baywalk, People’s Park and Jack’s Ridge. Thursday morning, 6AM, flew to Cebu City for their staff retreat. I admit, I was so tired I had to hide at the back of my fellow participant so I won’t be caught drowsing in my seat.

What started as a brainstorming Sunday evening ended with a message-in-the-bottle Sunday dawn. Was made an accomplice for my friend’s message of joy and hope in an empty and clean wine bottle. It was just for fun. We both don’t know the bottle’s fate yet hopes the bottle-finder would contact my friend and relates where the bottle is found and how the message has helped the person. I threw it around 3:40AM in the middle of the sea. It might go to Camiguin island or Bohol or in a far off place, I don’t know yet, I hope not in Sulu or on a pirate’s hand. I was even reprimanded by a crew for being in the rail. So I just pretended I was taking pictures of the bubbles of the waves created by the ship.

bottle

here is Sarah’s bottle with her letter in it..

No comments: