Tuesday, April 28, 2009

a lesson to relearn

The previous week had been a lesson of patience for me. I am impatient at times, I admit to that. I have to learn and relearn for the nth time to yield and wait on Him. I am impatient with some important events in my life, I walk hurriedly, I can barely wait for people during meetings and appointments, I rush things. Yet I am patient with other people, or is it just ignoring and tolerating that I do to them. Even so.

Firstly, I had done a very grave thing this week. I told myself countless times to wait on Him yet I rushed things at the sight of it slowly slipping out of my hand. I panicked. A lesson to be learned. Now I had to bear the consequence and be prepared for whatever it is.

Secondly, the Cugman Boiz had asked me to do the bass guitar not only for 3 songs as was originally planned but the whole 5 songs.This was the something I mentioned in my previous post (guess what??). One of the songs to be played is a personal favorite and ever since I could recall, I longed to play the bass guitar for it, even just for practices only. But He gave me a much heavier task. And it’ll be in front of a crowd. I have stage fright, I shudder at the sight of people looking at me when I’m up on stage or just in front of a crowd. I guess He has something else in mind prepared for me. But at least I learned to play it and I’d be playing that song, that’s what mattered.

Somehow, there’s always something, an event, a task, a person, our attitude that slaps us on our face unexpectedly. In my case, it was something big. Had to pick myself up again and move on, but not without taking something from it. And hope that I had learaned my lesson. I may repeat this story in my life again someday, I might stumble into the same situation and testing again. But I cannot assure that I won’t fall into the same pit again. I am a work in progress.

No comments: