Sunday, July 19, 2009

spontaineity

I led one of the youths in crossing the Carmen bridge tonight with her eyes closed. This girl was afraid of hiking through that bridge. It is already old, around 40 or 50 years old yet still strong. We often pass there from Carmen to DiviSoria every Friday night. Tonight was an exemption since we came from our meeting. Whenever she walks through that bridge, she would always hold the railing and would walk slowly. And in a way, slowing us as well.

However, tonight, I grabbed her hands and held her close to me. Asked her to close her eyes and slowly walked straight through the bridge’s sidewalk. She did that all the way and I’m proud of her. Though there were humps along the way, she would slump a little to the side, she could feel the bridge more under her feet whenever a vehicle passes, we would stop on our track when a person passed us from the opposite direction and gave us curious looks, etc. Yet it was fulfilling. Knowing that I had led her from one end of the bridge to the other. It was quiet a long bridge by the way, estimating 80 meters.

Why did I bothered do it in the first place? I don’t know. It just came into my mind. I was suppose to scare her by teasing her and pushing her a little to the side but it was meant to be put in good use.

No comments: