Saturday, July 11, 2009

am I in or out?

Heard one of the preschoolers sung this song yesterday. Upon prodding her who sung that song, I had to search it in the net. Here it is;

You could change your hair,
You could change your clothes.
You could change your mind,
It’s just the way it goes.
You could say goodbye and you could say hello.
But you’ll always find your way back home.
You could change your style,
You could change your jeans.
You could learn to fly,
And you could chase your dreams.
You can laugh or cry,
Like everybody knows.
You’ll always find your way back home.

It’s just the chorus part of You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home’ and that’s what she sang. She told me that it is a Hannah Montana song, I got curious. Was wondering why this 5-year old girl is watching a tv series for teens. Is television really that unrestricted anymore that when a household got a cable connection they could just leave their children unattended in front of it and watch whatever is available on the tube unsupervised?

Can’t really relate to this. I’m not a tv freak, nor am I a television addict. Only opens our television to watch the news or any useful, educational programs on television. We don’t have a cable connection as well.

Or is it just the fact that I’m so behind with what’s in and acceptable with the society that I reacted immediately without even finding out and delving into the topic or issue at hand to understand the things they do and why they do it. Or is it because Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus doesn’t interest me at all. Whatever.

I could only hope these kids would feed their young, sponge-like minds with useful and good things.

No comments: