Wednesday, June 24, 2009

money can't buy this

My ADHD student today amazed me. After he threw his handkerchief to the adjacent room and tore the pages of the book, he apologizes to me. Forgiven. Good thing he didn’t threw the scissor (during our last session, he threw the scissor to the flourescent lamp, glad it didn’t hit the lamp). At one point, he even smashed my bag to the floor. Everytime I turned my back at him, who knows what he’ll be doing next. Anyway, after a while, he made some writing on my clothes with the chalk and threw the board eraser on my shirt. Still he asked for an apology. Though he was forgiven but pardon the stern look kid. He is diagnosed to be Global Developmental Delay with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Problem and mildly educable. A big challenge on my part. He was not at all affected with the stern look so I had to talk to him in a firm voice, not my usual soft one. When our time was almost up, he kept asking me if its time already so I had to firmly say “no, you are not going home yet, you still have class”. Hahayzz.. What an hour that was. After our class, before he got out of our room, he hugged my legs without uttering a word. Then he went to his lola who loved him dearly.

No comments: