Monday, November 24, 2008

wanna know what i did yesterday?

After teaching hand mime to 8 students with special needs for their presentation on our school’s xmas party, I headed to MPSC to add another master’s program subject. It was kinda late already so I didn’t expect offices to be open since its a Saturday and enrollment is a week over for the masters. I was only planning to add a subject that I feel is applicable to my program. Anyway, I was glad they’d still accept adding/changing/dropping of subjects for the master’s program. So I hurriedly got a form and went to our department’s office, it was only around 20 minutes before the offices close. I was set on adding that subject when upon writing the subject name and all the details in the form, I decided to not pursue with my plans. Haha.. Why? I’m sure it’ll took a lot of my time since it is scheduled on selected Saturdays, 8am – 5pm. And I just feel lazy going to class of that schedules nowadays. Hhmmm.. Justifiable? Hehe.. I don’t think so, but it is for me. And I’m sure I won’t regret it. My Saturdays have other worthwhile activities anyway. So I threw the form and texted Rhiane who was also bored and had nothing to do. And so he arrived at our school and we decided to roam around and try to explore the campus a little, as if there’s something to explore. Hehe.. And that we did, from the rooms to the cafeteria where we bought fruit shake, sipping it while making sensible and silly comments on the people playing volleyball not far from us. Next destination was the building at the far back. It was not so old though as it houses their library which I haven’t gone to except for clearance signing and other enrollment related agenda. My name wasn’t even entered in their database before I got my clearance signed last semester. Hehe.. Call it a non-library-user student. In front of the building was a barbeque station. And of course, having a food-lover as a company, we ordered 2-sticks each of the yummy barbeque over chit-chat about anything. Then Ketkai was our next destination. Just roaming around, window shopping as we were waiting for a text from another friend before we went to Divisoria as there’s Night Cafe and Market. Then went home, ending our 4 hours of roaming around and not giving our feet some rest.

Yesterday may be tedious and just another ordinary day. But somehow, I enjoyed it. Not because we met other people, giving silly and sensible comments to almost everything we saw and passed by. Yesterday was another happy day for me. Spending time with the people I value and learning about their life. That is what makes me happy. Its doing things I love to do, spending worthwhile time with the Cugman boys, getting to know them and being part of their day’s activities, teaching and exchanging smiles and giggles with my students, simple things that cannot be bought with money. Its the happinesss that paints smiles on my face and makes me feel good, like a kid devouring an ice cream in his hand.

No comments: