Sunday, November 9, 2008

an inspiration

Just got home from music practice. I was glad Macky was there and is feeling well again. He texted me out of the blue late afternoon yesterday informing that he had fever. I went to their place last night but he was already fast asleep, clad in jogging pants and sweatshirt, and wrapped in a blanket. So didn’t got the chance to talk to him.

This afternoon, he excitedly texted that he was already well. When I saw him playing the bass guitar while jiving with the music tonight, I was thankful that he was back to his old self again.

Macky is only 17 years old yet he inspires me endlessly. By doing what he knew he SHOULD do, he pushes me to do the same thing I had promised myself to do. I might get tired and feel down at times, yet he always gives me fresh air and rejuvenates my spirit. He also has his perks, like he doesn’t have enough courage to face a large crowd (like me) yet he overcame it and shared to them what he had and is able to. Looking at him, he may not be the person you expect him to be. But Macky has a willing heart for service, more knowledge and deeper understanding.

He is only 17, yet he inspires people older than him. He inspires me.

No comments: