Sunday, November 9, 2008

thank you guys =)

Ever experienced being in an uncomfortable situation?

Last week, had an assignment to lead a crowd of about 200 in singing. Though I may be a singing enthusiast but being in front of the crowd and had to say some lines really makes me nervous. I may stumble upon some words and it may sound inaudible. Or worse, no words would come out of my mouth. I would want to stay in the corner and hide. But could not do so and had to face the challenge. It was indeed another experience for me that really needs a lot of my courage and support from others as well.

I am very grateful indeed with the team. We had made it through. Encouraging each other. Supporting one another. Even a single, simple pat on our shoulders helped lighten up our anxiety and nervousness. Its a different feeling when you’re not comfortable with the situation and the crowd (its definitely a big crowd). Though they were as nervous as I was yet they still pushed on. We had practiced our songs weeks before and had memorized it by heart, it cannot be denied that we were still nervous and lacked confidence. If we could only run and hide, we could have done so. Oh well..

It was not only last week that they proved their worth but countless times already in different occassions and circumstances. They never failed to watch my back and give me support. Kudos to these guys. I’m proud of you.

By the way, they’re also my bass guitar mentors. Woohoo.. :)

No comments: