Friday, November 14, 2008

he gave me a week-long smile with what he did..

This happened last Sunday yet it still didn’t fail to gave me a smile. Just a little act that could be judge as just fancy little thing. But for me, it was already a feat and a stepping stone for some more of those someday, hopefully. It may be a very small and unimportant act for some, but for me, it was by far the best for my week.

You see, when I first met him over a year now, he was still very silent guy in the corner. Only nods his head, shrugs his shoulders and looks at me as a reply to my statement. Seldom speaks a word and when he does the few words can be counted out with the fingers. Though he is dependable with the guitars and drums as well, as they are. Through time, he would talk to me, exchange thoughts we didn’t do before, ask me questions, open up, even go with me for walks at times with others. And I started to hear his voice over the microphone as well during practices, when before, no voice could be heard over the speaker when he’s given the microphone. And last Sunday, he sang over the microphone while strumming the guitar in a crowd of almost 20. He’s a self-proclaimed shy guy, and he really is. Wheeew!! It may just be a passing fancy for others, but not for me. Being a witness to who he is right now, who he has become and what characteristics he possess. I wouldn’t be surprise if he has more talents up his sleeve that I didn’t know of yet. As for now, I’m happy with what he has become and hope he’ll keep on, continue on with his journey, for the better.

No comments: