Thursday, December 18, 2008

a warm hug

Upon arriving at my workplace this morning, I was met with a sweet smile and a very warm hug from my student with mental retardation. She even repeatedly called my name correctly in front of her dad and my boss. Haven’t seen her for 2 months. She’ll be back in school sometime this week probably or after the Christmas vacation. I am so glad to see her again. She’s still the same sweet child I used to know.

This week had been the busiest so far, with all the practices for the children’s xmas party this Friday. It has been a whirlwind of rehearsals with the preschool students and the one-on-one. With the one-on-one students having different rehearsal schedule with the regular preschoolers. And I have to be present in both practices. Not to mention continuing my one-on-one sessions in between. Somehow, I’m being compensated with food. Hehe.. Christmas and birthday parties this week amounted to 4 already. Not to mention the food parents of the preschoolers brought for us during our practices. Yum yum!!

No comments: