Friday, August 15, 2008

workday escapade

I was at the town of Tagoloan yesterday to watch the opening of their local college’s intramural and cheer dance competition which two of our friends joined. It has been quite a long time also that I haven’t in an opening of a sports event. I missed raising my right hand with pride as I declare the athlete’s oath. I missed hearing the ’so help me God’ at the end of each athlete’s oath. I missed the spirit of unity and sportsmanship shared in each team. Oh well… Then again, I’m glad I had gone through those things back then.

Though never been a cheer dance participant myself, I came to be curious and interested with these because of my sis. She was a participant for quiet some time, equivalent to the number of years I also spent as an athlete. Haven’t seen her performed live before though, only in videos. Not that I don’t support her, I just don’t like to be in a crowd of perspiring teens.

Anyway, so at Tagoloan I went with my friend. Our friends in different department bagged the 2nd and 3rd place. T’was a break also for me though. Being under the heat of sun and the shade of the trees, witnessing them dance in which one of them confessing to be an unskilled dancer. Watching them perform, the acrobatic stunts and being awed at some of their moves. Not to mention, yesterday was supposedly my workday at Jasaan. Hehe.. :)

No comments: